Friday, November 11, 2011

Thursday, November 11th, 1976

Had a good morning but for a bad SH. I left at 1:20 and got up to the bus stop in time to catch the 1:30 bus.  IT within the first hour after I got home. So much for cutting back.

Watched most of my least favorite (or is it most hated?) episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY.

Terry called and I talked with him a while. Then I went over the river and got new books.

I found that STARLOG I was looking for so I'll give Mona mine and then get another copy on Saturday for myself.

SS was cut short tonight by a strong desire to go to the bathroom.

NOTES: I guess the reason we got out early was for Veteran's Day?


No, I have no idea which episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY that would have been. There was no primetime episode as it was on Saturday evenings so it must have been a daytime rerun. 


Do they still make STARLOG? STARLOG was a sci-fi entertainment magazine that had the good fortune to premiere here not that long before STAR WARS the following summer. It was successful out of the gate and much more so after that. I collected it--as well as its spinoffs such as FUTURE LIFE and COMICS SCENE for years but eventually there was too much substandard product so I dropped it and sold everything off but the first few issues. I seem to recall that the issue here with its cover-noted SPACE 1999 episode guide was the one I was planning to give Mona. 

1 comment:

  1. Starlog was wound up in August 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlog

    ReplyDelete