Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saturday, November 27th, 1976

Up early to read today.

After ten years, today I saw the return of my childhood favorites, SPACE GHOST and FRANKENSTEIN, JR.

At last I finally saw KING KONG VS GODZILLA.

Mom got next year's Marvel calendar for Rick at Kidd's and I comically wrapped it.

I sat down and figured out that there are currently 21 monthly or bi-monthly comics that I collect. Almost 10 mags (counting the over-18's).

Watched a rerun of JAMES PAUL McCARTNEY on 19. Saw MONTY PYTHON tonight. Seen it before, too!

NOTES: JAMES PAUL McCARTNEY was the 1973 syndicated TV special Paul used to promote his then-new group, Wings. By this point in '76, it was an entirely different group almost!


One of the first movies I remember seeing on the big screen was KING KONG ESCAPES, the Japanese sci-fi film from the mid-sixties that sort of led to the TV cartoon series. Kong was a guy in a really bad ape suit. It was, however, a sequel to KING KONG VS GODZILLA which, as a big fan of teh Big G, I'm surprised I hadn't seen until this date.
   

2 comments:

  1. I saw King Kong vs Godzilla on the big screen when my brother took me many moons ago. I thought it was great. I was always a big Kong fan and thought he kicked Godzilla's butt. I still have a warm place in my heart for all things Kong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TV special also had something to do with the lawsuit brought on by Lew Grade suing Paul over his decision to credit songs to himself and Linda, thereby cutting out Northern Songs.

    ReplyDelete