Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday, Sept 26th, 1976


I spent most of the day around home seeing for sure that my pain from yesterday is gone and it appears it is...whatever it was. I did go with Dad to Kentucky Fried Chicken and White Castle even though we skipped church on account of rain. Spent the rest of the day reading, drawing and listening to records. Also a lot of thinking today--the kind that might lead to depression tomorrow. Hope not.

Mom made some more of those cereal things.

TV was good straight through from 6 PM to 11:30 tonight with a lovely Marlo appearing with Cos. Farrah guested on her hubby's show.

NOTES: If I'm remembering correctly--and I can't imagine I'd forget it--I never did have pain like that and I never found out what caused it that day. Since my parents knew I tended to exaggerate things like that, they never believed just how bad it felt, either and so never insisted on my getting to a doctor.

While all this was going on, another seminal disco era song, "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" by the group Wild Cherry was about to enter its third and final week at the top of the charts. I often wondered if it was the song or just the album cover, seen here, that caused the song to succeed as well as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment