Sunday, September 25, 2011

Saturday, Sept 25th, 1976


Checked out the PLAYBOYs at the Ohio Book Store today. When I start getting them I'll definitely be doing most of my collecting there. Also picked up a neat STARLOG and finally ran across the Marvel Calendar for next year.

While watching BYE BYE BIRDIE this afternoon, my chest began to hurt something awful and I didn't know what to do. I just sat there watching but everything hurt and attempts to move hurt worst. Finally I decided to get the blood flowing with IT to see if that would help. Direct result or not, the pain went away right afterwards.

NOTES: Maybe I was a bit of a hypochondriac. I don't know. I would occasionally have a tightness in my chest and I never knew what caused it. But I remember feeling that day as if I was having a heart attack. And it all seemed so surreal watching Ann-Margret cavort onscreen while it was happening. And yes, Ann-Margret or no Ann-Margret, the concept that I would decide that masturbation might help seems odd...to put it mildly...but that's what happened. And it worked! So...

In later years my wife twice took me to the ER for chest pains that weren't as bad as the ones I experienced that day. In both of those cases it was determined to have been severe indigestion.

STARLOG was my new favorite thing. STARLOG was a then-new magazine about science-fiction movies, TV, comics and novels. When STAR WARS hit the following summer the mag's sales would soar through the roof and it would continue to be popular for decades.

1 comment:

  1. Currently watching 2 hallmarks in TV failure history that air this night:
    Holmes and Yoyo - not a big fan of this format of sitcom but John Schuck is charming enough for me to look forward to the rest of the run (most I could only find in French...)

    Mr T and Tina - YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIKKKKKESSS... grateful I can only find this first episode......

    ReplyDelete