Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tuesday, July 13th, 1976


IT again.

Finally saw GATOR. Yuck.

Dad won four bucks on the lottery.

Watched Channel 19 most of the night because the Democratic Convention was on all the other channels.

NOTES: Again, a sparse entry. Sorry.

Yep, I finally saw GATOR, Burt Reynolds sequel to his WHITE LIGHTNING of a couple years earlier--which I had not seen (I would later). I didn't like GATOR. I haven't seen it since but as I recall it had a smarmy feel that just didn't sit well with me. I liked Burt and over the next few years I would like him more and more but I did not like him in this picture. leading lady Lauren Hutton didn't really help. Never understood the ex-model's popularity in films of the period.


1 comment:

  1. Siskel and Ebert did not like " Gator " as well . They said that it paled in contrast to " White Lightnin' "

    ReplyDelete