Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday, July 30th, 1976


Dad stayed home sick today but was gone most of the day to the doctor.

I bagged some more books today.

The rest of the day was loaded with bad luck. Tore my short, broke my scissors, tripped into the water at SS.

I decided to go see the new movie TUNNELVISION.

NOTES: Somewhere in here my dad found out he was diabetic. This was a man who drank Pepsi like water and ate a bag of chocolate drops a couple times a month. I was worried he'd have trouble changing his eating habits but no. Just like that he gave it all up. After a while he tested how much he could cheat just a little with Pepsi but that was it. I was impressed.

An issue of TBG a year or two before had contained a free plastic comic storage bag to promote a dealer named Robert Bell. It was the first one I had ever seen. I stored my ultra-collectible SHAZAM # 1 (if you know anything about seventies comics, you know I'm being facetious) in it. Now, finally I was buying bags in packs of a hundred and bagging my entire collection.

TUNNELVISION was one of those seventies sketch comedy films like THE GROOVE TUBE or CAN I DO IT 'TIL I NEED GLASSES. It would be the first I would see but it would NOT be a good experience. And oddly enough, that would have nothing to do with the movie itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment