Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday, June 2nd, 1976


Last day of school. There was not one darn thing left to do today. Took my Superman book to read. There were less than twenty people in all four classes combined. They went ahead and let us out at 1:30. Mr. Spurlock brought his daughter--the cutest girl I've ever seen!

Mr. Shoemaker, Miss Schroeder and almost all of the fourth period students got involved in one of those dumb card games again.

I came home first and then went over the river. Found the new--and late--FF at Fountain News. Got another new McCartney mag and also got the new RBCC in the mail.

Just finished watching CONVERSATIONS WITH SPOCK on Channel 48.

NOTES: CONVERSATIONS WITH SPOCK certainly sounds like a PBS special interview with Leonard Nimoy but I can't find any mention of it in either my references or on IMDB. This was during the period when the actor was working hard to lose the Spock image so it seems unlikely he would even consent to such a title. Still...I must have watched SOMEthing that evening so...who knows?

I don't recall Mr. Spurlock bringing his daughter but she obviously made an impression that day. I just saw her picture on Facebook taken much more recently and she is still a very attractive woman!

I also saw a recent picture there of Mr. Spurlock with Mr. Shomaker whom I also mention above. Mr. Shoemaker was my third year Spanish teacher. Miss Schroeder was my Algebra II teacher that year.

1 comment:

  1. In Tv listings, the complete title of the PBS special is "A Conversation with Leonard Nimoy: The Man Who Played Spock" hosted by Bill Varney. (* not much more could be readily found on the internet)

    ReplyDelete