Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunday, May 16th, 1976


Robbie Lee guest-starred on good ol Six Million's show this evening. Last time I saw her she was wearing a lot less clothes in BIG BAD MAMA.

I spent even more time this week working on school work than I did last week but I still feel like I didn't get much done. Tuesday, another term project is due. Physics exam on Wednesday.

I guess the reason I'm not as depressed these days is 'cause there's only a few more weeks left. Ta da! Then I get to play the Alice Cooper record again.

NOTES:

"Good ol' Six Million" was, of course, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN. Actress Robbie Lee was, according to IMDB, the goddaughter of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans...who probably weren't happy about her nakedness in the now-classic Roger Corman drive-in film, BIG BAD MAMA with Angie Dickinson and William Shatner. She was a talented actress who went on to be a prolific cartoon voice artist a decade later.

The Alice Cooper record I referred to was, of course, SCHOOL'S OUT, a hit single from an earlier year that every kid who was less than enchanted with school had adopted as a theme. At the end of the record, the school is blown up. It seemed almost parodic overkill at the time but less funny now in the wake of all of the school violence in recent years.

1 comment:

  1. There's so much we used to laugh at as children that we can no longer. I think that's a sad comment on the state of our society.

    ReplyDelete