Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tuesday, March 30th, 1976


Well, today was still filled with an atmosphere of anticipation but I'm sure I didn't do all that well on the two tests I had. Well...tests aren't everything...I keep telling myself.

With Mystery over, we started Creative Writing today. Seems like it's going to be hard but I instinctively took that as a challenge. But we're going to have to keep a journal! I already do! Now I'll have to keep two! On the one hand, I feel ready to write my whole life down but I know I can't do that.

ONE DAY AT A TIME seems to have settled into a seriocomic plotline mode sort of like a cross between M*A*S*H and a Gerber story. Not sure if I like it better this way or not.

I saw a cameo by Ringo on MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS!

NOTES: As you might imagine, Creative Writing would quickly become my favorite class. More on that as it develops.

It actually bothered me quite a bit that I was no longer getting straight "A's" in school after doing so effortlessly for most of my school years. In a case of history repeating itself, my son's most recent report card had him sick over an A minus!

2 comments:

  1. The One Day at a Time episode is Pt 2 of "Dad Comes Back" with Joseph Campenella as the father/ex-husband, the season finale. A tense one, but most of their episodes get on edge. (Oh, that Norman...)

    The big lead for me is the series finale of The Rookies, "Journey to Oblivion", was tonight (I think... newspapers keep listing this ep every Tuesday in March, but maybe continuous pre-emption by idk the Winter Olympics, the election primaries, Rich Man Poor Man....) Guest starring a young Marc Singer (The Beastmaster, V) who also during this month had a brief recurrence as Jack Warden's sidekick on NBC's Jigsaw John (which made me wonder what happened to Alan Feinstein's contract; turns out the first produced episodes had Singer as co-star then producers let him go and replaced him with Feinstein) (**I don't meander like this often do I...)

    Incredible performance by Kate Jackson this final episode; I'll always like Sabrina Duncan but I'll truly miss Jill Danko, and all the guys (at times hit-or-miss but a great series to go through...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info on Singer! I had wondered that, too, recently!

      Delete