Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tuesday, February 10th, 1976


An average day. High temperatures for this time of year, though. Had homework but had an awful hard time trying to get to it. I finally got 2 of the 3 problems done.

A lot of good stuff on TV tonight. I watched a very bound-to-be-controversial episode of ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I'm still getting stuff out of my old TBG's. Came up with a great idea for going to the Columbus Con this weekend. Mom said I could do it if I could talk Terry into going. He won't. Maybe next year.

NOTES: This was one of the first of a number of "very special episodes" that the dramatic sitcom ONE DAY AT A TIME would have over its 9 season run. This was the one where Mackenzie Phillips's character Julie was being pressured by her boyfriend for sex and she turns to her mother (played by Bonnie Franklin) who gives unexpected advice. I had been a fan of Mackenzie since her feature film with Alan Arkin, RAFFERTY AND THE GOLD DUST TWINS. The entire episode is available for purchase at Amazon for $1.99.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the "very special episode". The bain of 70's and 80's sitcoms. It brought us Edith Bunker's rape, Tom Hank's alcoholism on Family Ties, Gerri on Facts of Life, Gordon "The Big Guy" Jump child molestation on Diff'rent Strokes among a host of others. Someone should compile a list someday. Somebody probably already has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided my favorite ep of One Day is the one that airs 2 weeks later from this; Ann finds David with another woman and puts more complexity on their conflicted platonic relationship. It floors me this aired in '76!

    ReplyDelete