Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3rd, 1976


8:00 AM
It snowed a little last night! I love snow!

6:00 PM
Terry called this morning talking about selling some more of his comic books. Sometimes I get a little jealous when he makes so much money at it but I really don't want to give up my comic books. I tried a few years ago but FOREVER PEOPLE # 1 convinced me not to quit collecting! Kirby was still amazing then! I went with Terry to the comic shop, helping carry boxes of his comics. I ended up buying five bucks of stuff I needed while we were there but now I still am kind of thinking of selling some of my own stuff, again, too.

9:00 PM

Didn't feel good by the time I got home tonight but watching the comedy shows helped a bit and made me feel a little better. Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Burnett can always make me smile!

NOTES: Terry had been my best friend since third grade and would remain so for a few more years after this. He was the only person I knew at the time who was just as geeky as me when it came to all this pop culture stuff. In late 2010, we reconnected through Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steve, it's snowing here in England in 2011, too. Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched two shows from this night (not the ones you wrote here):
    The Jeffersons, a show I definitely saw bitd but always took as a lot of shouting and venom like any good Lear show. This one was good though, one of a two-parter "The Breakup".

    Matt Helm "Die Once, Die Twice" the last episode of this Tony Franciosa series (ABC at that point chopped a lot from their schedule) Def felt like it wouldn't last but Franciosa was very charming, got me to catch a few episodes of The Name of the Game.

    ReplyDelete